The Business and Tax Groups are integrally connected, and serve local, state, and national business enterprises, non-profit institutions, and individuals. ARD&H provides clients with planning and counseling for business formation, incorporations, transactional matters such as acquisitions and mergers, sales, liquidations, estate planning, and other tax-related corporate and partnership matters. Our attorneys are also experienced in the formation, exemption and operations of not-for-profit organizations. The Tax Group represents clients in IRS matters including state tax examinations, court proceedings, appeals and securing rulings.
David B. Rudow, P.A.
Mr. Rudow graduated from the University of Maryland, where he earned B.S. and J.D. degrees. Mr. Rudow is admitted to the Maryland Bar, U.S. Tax Court, U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and U.S. Supreme Court.
Before practicing law, he served as a field agent with the U.S. Internal Revenue ...
Walter Stone is a Member of Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf & Hendler with more than forty years of experience in handling complex real estate, corporate and tax matters. Mr. Stone was admitted as a Certified Public Accountant in Maryland in 1965, and was associated with a public accounting firm prior ...
Since joining the firm, Jerald Lurie has concentrated his practice in the areas of business, heath care, real estate, employment, intellectual property, and tax law. He is past chair of the firm's Business Section. He is presently the President of Temple Oheb Shalom and ...
Oren D. Saltzman
Managing Member and Business/Corporate Chair
Mr. Saltzman joined Adelberg, Rudow in January, 2007 as a member with a concentration in the areas of business, commercial and corporate law, banking, civil litigation, estate planning and administration, bankruptcy, taxation and guardianship. Mr. Saltzman works primarily from the firm’s ...
Yale Ginsburg became associated with Adelberg, Rudow in August 1994, and became a Member in January 1999, concentrating in Estate Planning, Estate Administration and General Tax Planning. Mr. Ginsburg represents a broad base of clients, ranging from those requiring basic estate planning to those ...
Ms. Persson represents companies of all sizes and maturity in industries such as health care, technology, construction, manufacturing, finance, beauty, and retail. Much of Ms. Persson’s practice focuses on developing and drafting compliance programs and policies in health care, international ...
Robert M. Horne
Robert M. Horne joined Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf & Hendler as an Associate in 2005 focusing his practice in the areas of estates and trusts, and business transactions. Mr. Horne’s practice encompasses wills, trusts, estate planning, estate/trust administration, probate and estate/trust ...
This momument to Edgar Allan Poe is located within Law Center Plaza at
the University of Baltimore. Originally dedicated in 1921 its first
location was in Wyman Park at the corner of 29th Street. The model for
this monument was destroyed in a house fire, the second was destroyed
in an earthquake and the third was delayed many years during WW I from
being shipped across the Atlantic. The original base contained two
errors in its dedication quote, with one corrected by a fan using a
Located within Patterson Park is this monument to General Kazimierz
Pulaski who was considered the “father of the American cavalry” for his
unique military techniques. He was a friend of Ben Franklin and saved
George Washington's life during the Battle of Brandywine. The monument
illustrates General Pulaski and Captain Paul Bentalou leading their
cavalry at the Siege of Savannah. Pulaski died during this battle after
being shot in the thigh.
Positioned at the corner of Howard and Eager Streets — on land that
was part of his estate — the statue of John Eager Howard was a gift of
the Municipal Art Society of Baltimore City. Howard was a colonel in
the Continental Army, lead by General George Washington and this piece
resides in the shadow of the nearby Washington Monument. Howard County
is named in his honor.
Positioned outside The Lacrosse Museum at Johns Hopkins University, the
Creator’s Game monument depicts two Iroquois Indians playing lacrosse
with one intercepting a pass directed to the other. The inscription on
the base is inscribed with the words: "The game of Lacrosse was given
by the Creator to the Ho-de-no-saunee (Iroquois) and other Native
American people many ages ago. It is from the Iroquois that the modern
game most directly descends. May this sculpture forever honor the
Iroquois and the origins of Lacrosse."
This monument to General Marquis de Lafayette resides just beneath the
Washington Monument in Baltimore. With General Washington’s pointing
outwards, it appears as if he is directing Lafayette to ride off into
the distance under his command. One of only six individuals to be
awarded honorary United States citizenship, this statue was dedicated
to General Lafayette in 1924.
The Military Courage Statue was installed at Mount Vernon Place in 1885.
Baltimore art collector William Walters presented this as a gift to the
City which is modeled after Michaelangelo’s statue at the tomb of
Lorenzo de’ Medici in Florence. "Sister" statues were created along
with Courage entitled Faith, Meditation and Charity.
This statue to George Peabody is positioned in Mount Vernon, just east
of the Washington Monument. An entreprenuer who moved to Baltimore in
1816 he co-founded Peabody, Riggs, and Company. Recognized as the
father of modern philanthropy, he established the first music
conservatory in the United States in Baltimore -- now known as the
Peabody Institute -- in 1857. The Peabody Education Fund is believed
to have donated more than $8 million to charitable trusts and
Oren D. Saltzman poses with "The
Dealings" a statue dedicated to James Rouse, recognized as the founder
of Columbia, MD, and his brother Williard. Erected in 1986, it
overlooks Lake Kittamaqundi in downtown Columbia and was rededicated in
June 2002 in honor of Columbia's 35th anniversary.
The Severn Teackle Wallis monument is positioned at Mount Vernon Place
at it peers down Monument Street. Recognized as among the premiere
lawyers of his generation, Severn Teackle was elected to the Maryland
Legislature in 1861 where he led a group of politicians against the
Civil War. President Lincoln had him jailed for these actions.
The Star-Spangled Banner Memorial resides beneath the pagoda at
Patterson Park. The sculpture depicts two school children holding a
scroll that reads: "To commemorate the centennial of the writing of the
Star-Spangled Banner, the pupils of the public schools of Baltimore
have erected this memorial upon Hampstead Hill where in September,
1814, the citizen soldiers of Maryland stood ready to sacrifice their
lives in defense of their homes and their country."
Oren D. Saltzman poses with "The Hug," a
statue positioned in Columbia Town Center overlooking Lake
Kittamaqundi. The plaque beneath it reads: Dedicated to Mort
Hoppenfeld, whose plans and designs for Columbia embrace all people."
The monument was unveiled in June 1987 in honor of Columbia's 20th
Located at Eutaw Place and W. Lanvale Street in the Bolton Hill section of Baltimore City, this sculpture of Francis Scott Key is one of two honoring the author of our country’s National Anthem. Dedicated in 1911 and created by French sculptor Marius Jean Antonin Mercie, it shows Key in a row boat with poem in hand, and accompanied by another sailor. The sculpture was designed to memorialize the poet’s return from the British ship on which he had been detained during the bombardment of Fort McHenry.
Known as Shot Tower Park, the tract of land adjacent to Baltimore's
Police Headquarters contains a memorial honoring fallen officers in the
United States. The park, unveiled in 1978, consists of three statues, a
large panel of inscribed names and various dedication plaques. They
face City Hall and War Memorial Plaza.
Located within Canton Square — which was previously the site of Canton
Market — resides this memorial to Captain John O’Donnell, recognized
as the founder of the Canton Community. Captain O'Donnell first
initiated trade between Canton, China and Baltimore in 1785 and
operated his own fleet of merchant sailing vessels.